cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan FB620P Not Working With Adobe Photo Deluxe

Asok321
Apprentice

Somehow I managed to scan a single photo with a CanoScan FB620P and Adobe Photo Deluxe under Windows 98SE.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to repeat the process after much experimentation.

What is the correct procedure to scan a photo with Adobe Photo Deluxe and save the image to a file?  Now, after ScanGear

finishes the scan, no file is sent to the Acquire gallery, so I can't save the image.  Wherever ScanGear deposits the scan data, it never finds its way to Adobe Photo Deluxe so that a file can be created.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You're in luck.  There are still drivers available for 98se:

Support | Support Scanners - CanoScan Series | CanoScan FB 620P | Canon USA

I'm not sure I want to know what version of Adobe you are using, or why you have hardware around that has a parallel port.

By default ScanGear saves scans to the pictures folder in windows 98.  I'm sure you can browse to that folder in Adobe.  

Given the limitations of ANY hardware that might run 98, the time it might take to actually edit something might be lengthy.  

You may want to consider upgrading.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the response.  You said: "ScanGear saves scans to the pictures folder in windows 98".  I checked, there's nothing in the "My Pictures" folder.  Is there another "Pictures" folder?

When used with  Adobe Photo Deluxe, the scan should show up in APD's "Acquire" gallery.  It doesn't.

The save destination in ScanGear can be modified.  The pictures folder is the default.

If you are using Adobe to initiate scans, then you will need to contact them regarding support fror their product. 

As I said, upgrading might go a long way to saving you time.  If you put value on your time, its easy tp see how much time ($$$) you are spending trying to get 12+ year old software and hardware to work. 

Thats another discussion and your decision.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Upgraded to Adobe Photo Deluxe 3.1, which works as advertised.

Thanks for your responses.  No need to reply to this one as the issue is resolved.

Announcements