cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan LIDE 210 light not working in Windows 10

Ascidian99
Apprentice

Canoscan Lide 210 works fine on WIndows 8, but when I connect to a Windows 10 PC it does everything except trigger the light when scanning so I end up with an all black print. (putting it back on W8 all good again).  Does this for PDF, photo's etc

Have tried updating all drivers & checks using MP Navigator EX say working normally.

Any suggestions please?

3 REPLIES 3

Ascidian99
Apprentice

looks like it needs to be connected through a powered hub.  Presumably the USB ports on the PC don't provide sufficient juice.

Greetings,

Due to the absence of a power adapter with this device, that could work.

It might be helpful to others if you post your findings.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ok - here are the results of a bit more checking - but the short answer is "USB cable length".

After the initial problem of the light not coming on resulting in all black scans  the first attempt to fix was via a powered hub, which worked for a day.

But then all sorts of inconsistent problems happened; all white scans, all yellow image & text, scanning locked up part way,  error codes 5,202,52 or 3,202,19.

All this happened whilst the scanner was attached via it's own cable plus an extension.  I could use that config. on the old PC and since all I did was to move the extension cable between the two PC's the problem was not immediately apparent.  But after getting such inconsistencies in results I physically moved  the scanner to the new PC and cabled it directly without the extension cable or via a hub and that worked consistently.

Presumably the extra length caused voltage drop and messed up signal timing hence the variation in results.

HTH.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements