cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility Pro not working in TEAMS and Win 11

tony34
Contributor

I just tried using the new Webcam Utility with Windows 11 and it doesn’t work. Our IT folks couldn’t figure out why it was this application wasn’t working with Windows 11 and MS TEAMS. 

• Camera: M50 Mark II connected via USB
  • Windows 11 Enterprise, OS Build 22621.3007, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0
  • Microsoft Teams Version 1.7.00.6058 (64-bit)
11 REPLIES 11

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello tony34,

I would like to make sure that the camera is connected directly to the computer via USB, not a HUB or anything of that nature. This could be causing the interruption in your connection. Does the camera work on another computer? I would suggest testing the camera on a different computer to see if this issue is isolated to this machine. It seems that it could be security related. Both issues are occurring when trying to use the live image from the camera. You may want to have your IT team take a look at your security/firewall settings. Are you an administrator on this machine? If not, you can have a member of your IT team try it while logged in as an admin to see if that is the issue.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure that Wi-Fi communications in the camera is disabled.  The camera cannot switch between USB and Wi-Fi on its own.  And, you would not want it to, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements