cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Mac OS 14 Sonoma - now can't connect EOS Utility to EOS Rebel T7

CoinGuy
Contributor

I use my Eos Rebel T7 on a custom camera stand to take photos of coins as part of my business. I connect via USB cable to my MacBook Pro and use Remote Shooting in EOS Utility 3.0 to focus, zoom and take photos. Then I stupidly upgraded from OS Ventura to OS 14 Sonoma, and now EOS Utility 3.0 doesn't work. I've checked the cable - it's working, as I see the camera in my Image Capture app. The EOS Utility just doesn't respond - sometimes I get nothing, and sometimes I get to the right screen where I would select Remote Shooting, but it's greyed out and I just have the spinning pinwheel. I have to force quit the app because it's not responding. So, clearly I upgraded to an OS that is too new and isn't compatible with EOS Utility. Is there any way to make my system work so I can still use live shooting? Will Canon be releasing an updated EOS Utility anytime soon? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a paid app called Kuuvik Capture from the App Store.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

bobthecameraman
Apprentice

If you have a Rebel T3i or other Canon you may need to update the Firmware. I had firmware 1.0.1 and after upgrading to 1.0.3 I was able to remote control the camera using the EOS Utility 2.

I was able to download the firmware selecting OS X SnowLeopard v10.6
And downloaded EOS Rebel T3i / EOS 600D Firmware Update, Version 1.0.3 [Mac OS X]

The instructions are here
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114180

Maybe firmware update helps with other Canon bodies as well. 

Aroche
Apprentice

I have the same problem, shooting tethered with a 7D MKII.

I would switch the camera on, get the error message, switch it off, and repeat maybe 10- 15 times until it finally recognizes the camera. But some days, it just won't work. In this case, I'll try the old EOS Utility 2, which seems to be more compatible and works fine.

Announcements