cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Wi-Fi Connectivity Blocked by EOS Webcam Utility

coreyreesephoto
Contributor

Great Day! I hope you are doing well. I've previously posted about this issue and am seeking further assistance. I use the Canon Wi-Fi Utility to remote shoot regularly. Here's a concise description of the problem:

**Problem Description:**

1. I typically enable the camera's Wi-Fi and connect it to my laptop, experiencing no issues with wireless or wired connections during photo shoots.

2. However, as soon as I install EOS Webcam Utility Pro (version 2.0), the camera no longer connects to the EOS Utility wirelessly. It only connects when hardwired.

3. Interestingly, the hardwired connection works when using my Canon EOS R5 as a webcam via Zoom, as intended.

4. The problem arises when I attempt to use the camera's Wi-Fi for remote shooting at photoshoots.

**Steps to Reproduce:**

I have tested this on two different computers, both running Windows. Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Ensure both EOS Utility and EOS Webcam Utility Pro are installed.

2. Attempt to connect the camera wirelessly via its Wi-Fi or your local Wi-Fi network to EOS Utility.

3. Observe that the camera does not connect wirelessly to the computer while both software are installed.

4. Uninstall the EOS Webcam Utility Pro, then reboot your computer.

5. Try connecting the camera wirelessly again. It should connect as expected without the webcam software, but the webcam functionality will be lost.

**Additional Notes:**

- I am not trying to use both software simultaneously.

- I have verified this issue on both my Windows laptop and desktop computers.

**Request for Assistance:**

I am looking for a solution to this problem and would appreciate any guidance or troubleshooting steps. I would also like to know if others have encountered this issue and if it can be recreated on different devices. Sure I can uninstall and reinstall when needed but I'm sure that's not the intended use case. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@coreyreesephoto wrote:

Hello that doesn't work either, I found these services "ewcservice.exe and ewcpairingservice.exe that's connected to the web camera utility  but that still doesn't solve the issue. Camera reads connection target not found still. 

Did you stop them, disable them, and then rebooted the PC?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried shutting down or disabling the Webcam Utility Device Driver/Service?

Hello that doesn't work either, I found these services "ewcservice.exe and ewcpairingservice.exe that's connected to the web camera utility  but that still doesn't solve the issue. Camera reads connection target not found still. 

@coreyreesephoto wrote:

Did you stop them, disable them, and then rebooted the PC?

Hello I stopped the service but didn't reboot. Once once I stopped the 2 services and made sure they are set to manual start vs automatic and rebooted it's back connecting. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try deleting your Wi-Fi connection settings in the camera and set up a fresh to connection to the EOS Utility.

Yes indeed I have 2 r5's the one I film with is the one that I was using which is not setup on the laptop or camera so no connection was setup. It prompted me to setup new connection that's why it was saying connection failed using the camera wifi and home wifi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we can't see your settings for Wi-Fi in your camera, I recommend downloading the R5 manual and refer to page 687 for Wi-Fi setup. Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled in the camera and airplane mode is off.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C003/manual/c003.pdf 

Hey Bob thank you. As I mentioned no setting on the camera is different the only difference is the software on the laptop or computer. The same camera can connect with no problem without the webcam software installed. I use it all the time and very familiar with the settings. If you have a camera to test you can see for yourself. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Everyone,

This is a tricky one, but I believe this is likely  >> The WebCam Utility does not allow Wi-Fi connections with the Free version, only the paid version.  I do not believe the WebCam Utility looks for what's being used, it only checks if its installed, and if you subscribe.  Just a guess 🤔

shadowsports_1-1694065402534.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements