cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R10 Used to work with webcamutility pro one day it stopped working

nlagos757
Apprentice

So, I used to use an EOS t7 for video on obs, I switched to an R10 about a little less than a year back everything went smoothly, I had no issues connecting my R10 to my pc and using it as a webcam on OBS, after a couple months of not using it I decided I wanted to try streaming again when I was disappointed to find out that my R10 was no longer working with Obs, neither is my T7 on a fresh install. This was using the same cable and USB port that had worked with my R10 recently. Can anyone please help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nlagos757,

Check to make sure that Wi-Fi is disabled on the camera. Then do additional tests where you disconnect other accessories from the computer and try different USB ports on the computer.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com, and then we can look at your account details and check some other things.

View solution in original post

I appreciate your help, In my 5+ years of learning about software and tech and my probably 20+ attempts at fixing this issue it was the simplest fix ever...I removed the camera from device manager and plugged it in again and boom I got a video output instantly. It seems that windows was recognizing it as a storage device only for some odd reason and having windows recognize it again made it realize that it was a camera. I guess it goes to show if you know a lot about something you overlook the simple solutions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

I am using windows 11, my camera is showing a Battery symbol with a computer under it which is new to me since I have never seen this before. In OBS it just says Webcam utility ( No X or error shown). Sometimes I can see the display on my camera but in OBS it just shows a black screen whenever the battery/computer symbol is not on my camera screen. My Pc specs are an Intel i5-12600k, Rtx 3060 ti, and 32gb of 2666mhz ddr4 ram. It actually used to work on the old webcam utility (despite not offering support for the R10??) and the utility pro, I have not changed any communication settings since the last time I connected my R10 to OBS same goes for the T7 I used for testing purposes. I have no other scenes/sources that are using the output and I have made sure that EOS utility is closed in task manager.Screenshot 2024-02-25 133401.png

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nlagos757,

Check to make sure that Wi-Fi is disabled on the camera. Then do additional tests where you disconnect other accessories from the computer and try different USB ports on the computer.

If problems persist, I suggest that you email us at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com, and then we can look at your account details and check some other things.

I appreciate your help, In my 5+ years of learning about software and tech and my probably 20+ attempts at fixing this issue it was the simplest fix ever...I removed the camera from device manager and plugged it in again and boom I got a video output instantly. It seems that windows was recognizing it as a storage device only for some odd reason and having windows recognize it again made it realize that it was a camera. I guess it goes to show if you know a lot about something you overlook the simple solutions.

Announcements