cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam not working on MacOS 14.2 Sonoma after this weeks update

randomname88
Contributor

Hey there I bought a new R10, specifically to use as a webcam.

I am using MacOS Sonoma (14.2) which updated from 14.1 yesterday. Since the update, the camera is not recognised by the EOS utility.

On the previous version of MacOS (14.1) I was able to get this working using a firmware workaround https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/10/25/what-to-do-if-your-webcam-doesnt-work-in-macos-sonoma but since the 14.2 update the camera is not recogised (the OES utility is recognised by Zoom however - it just thinks the camera is disconnected)

I have tried this on 2 different M2 MacBook Pros running 14.2

I am using EOSWebcamUtilityPro-MAC2.0.30 Please let me know if there is a solution. I bought this camera to stream with and the software experience so far as been so so poor.

Luckily I am within my retailers return window, so I will replace it with a brand with software which actually works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oxydium
Apprentice

Good news folks, the Mac OS 14.2.1 update released today seemed to have fixed the issue. You will still need to do the firmware workaround https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/10/25/what-to-do-if-your-webcam-doesnt-work-in-macos-sonoma but it works again like in 14.1.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

jvilla2013
Apprentice

I had the same problem as everyone above and the hacky system setting change on my mac didn't fit things for me. Giving up on using my EOSRP as a webcam for work. What a disappointment. 

Take a cheap capture cart (not the Elgato cam link, I bought one on Amazon for €15 and it works much better than the crappy webcam software

Thanks! I’ll try that! 

siocone
Contributor

I've given up the rip-off with the subscription, I'm not taking part, I got a Capure card for €15, 1080p 60FPS and I can adjust the aperture and everything via my cell phone, so it's much better and the same function can be integrated everywhere

click here to view the gallery
Announcements