cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Pro Sequoia Update

arountree
Administrator
Administrator

Mac users: If you update your macOS to Sequoia then you will be unable to continue using this software without interruption. We are working on an update to enable camera connectivity with Sequoia and will let you know once the update is live. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

8 REPLIES 8

jphilipsz
Apprentice

This is not the first time a new version of Apple's OS has stopped Canon EOS Utility working. It's the third time that I remember. Why? Surely Canon should be reading the Apple technical documents and running beta tests?  It's really poor!  Does anyone know why this keeps happening?

matan
Apprentice

Can you tell me when it will be resolved?

Hi there!

We do not currently have a timeframe, but an update will be available at a later date.

OK thanks! 🙏

ilanagolan
Contributor

In case this helps, adding some CPU stats:

the EWCproxy disappears when this freezes and the CPU usage of EOSwebcam shoots through the roof. Hope this helps. 
if you have any estimates when this is expected as I may need to move to a different camera unless there is a workaround.

thank you!

IMG_1489.png

Cascable Webcam Pro app  is detecting the camera but it is asking for a subscription cost. ~USD 43. this is really another headache 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Everyone,

Please do not upgrade yourself to dysfunction without taking precautions.  I hope people are making a time machine backup before applying an OS update.  You are risking a lot more than not being able to use the EOS webcam utility.  Apple does not test every hardware or software scenario prior to release. Time machine is free. All you need is an external drive or network attached storage.  It saves time and ensures minimal interruption to productivity or downtime.  A backup allows you to return your system to a functioning State in about 20 minutes.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ilanagolan
Contributor

Hi,

Is this the same for Mac desktop and laptop? I’m willing to buy a computer if the canon will be able to stream reliably without freezing. Thank you!!

Announcements