cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility 2.2 Pro NOT WORKING!!

Anes
Apprentice

Since I upgraded to 2.2 Pro version, not only am I unable to use my Canon camera, but the internal camera on my laptop has been completely blocked. I can not use any camera at all. Zoom, Obs, and other apps are unable to locate camera on.my laptop. Reinstalled several times, unfortunately still unusable. Any help?

6 REPLIES 6

Sllewis4103
Apprentice

Been having the same issue and so far see years of similar issues. Hopefully this thread gets a better response or patch made as a result.

Kev4
Apprentice

Canon has been mute on the topic. This is definitely Mac because the hardware manufacturer that made the piece that goes from my MAC to the HDMI cable said as much. I can't understand why a company like Canon can't make a bigger stink about this. For me it means this will probably be the last Canon camera I buy.

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Anes,

I'm sorry to hear the EOS Webcam Utility isn't working for you. To trouble shoot this issue we would need a little bit more information. What Canon camera body are you using, how are you connecting the camera and computer, and what operating system is on your computer? Also if you are seeing error messages what do they say word for word?

Hi Hazel,

It appears you may have misinterpreted the nature of my problem. The issue lies with the application. Regardless of whether my Canon camera is connected or not, it fails to permit any applications, such as Obs or Zoom, to locate the devices attached to my laptop. The problem persists to such an extent that even the laptop's internal camera, which should be readily identifiable, is no longer recognised by these applications following the upgrade to the Pro version. 

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Anes,

In case your video conferencing application are not recognizing other devices outside of the EOS Webcam Utility and Canon cameras, then please proceed with uninstalling the EOS Webcam Utility to see if this helps resolve the issue. You may also uninstall and reinstall the video conferencing applications that you are attempting to use. Please also check to ensure that the other devices, like standard webcams, are recognized by the operating system and that there are no driver issues with this non-Canon products.

Following the uninstallation of EOS Webcam Utility, access to the internal camera on my laptop is restored. However, this is not the solution that I'm seeking. My objective is to utilise my Canon camera for video conferencing. Upon reinstallation of EOS Webcam Utility, the same issue persists, with video conferencing and streaming applications failing to recognise any cameras on my laptop. 

Announcements