cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M50 not detected by EOS Webcam Utility

agent-z
Contributor

Hi guys,

Any suggestions for a fix would be extremely appreciated, as i really need this for work.

Eos webcam utility was working fine, just fine with my m50 mrk I, and Life was all sunshine and rainbows, but it stopped working out of the blue, and Zoom is displaying a usb icon with a red X in the camera feed.

I used a different pc, and it was plug and play. Also, with my main computer, I suspected that the usb port was broken, and tried different ones, but nope.

I saw some youtube videos saying that it is because of eos utility and that i need to close it, but i dont even have that piece of software, and when i downloaded it, it was not detecting my camera.

It is important to mention that i tried to uninstall and reinstall eos webcam utility, but that did not help. I even use revo uninstaller to remove all the pieces it might leave, but still.

In the settings -> devices, this is how it shows (see picture)

Any suggestions?

20240611_184411-min.jpg20240611_184452-min.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

SamanthaW

Hi!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of camera you are working with.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, please reach out to our support team Monday to Saturday at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Thanks! 

as i mentioned in the post, it is an m50 mk 1 

agent-z
Contributor

This is how I got it looking now in the device manager, but still no video feed, and the camera is displaying a computer logo in a black screen.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 222007.pngScreenshot 2024-06-11 222137.png

Hi agent-z,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the EOS Webcam Utility. Looking at your device manager if the computer can list the camera model that indicates the camera and computer are communicating with each other. Typically if there was an issue with the camera body or the USB cable it wouldn't show up in Device Manager at all.

One thing is that in your first post you mentioned a second computer was plug and play when you tested it. So when you tested the second computer was the EOS Webcam Utility recognizing the camera and showing the video feed from the camera?

Another thing to check with this issue would be to see if the EOS Webcam Utility software itself is picking up your camera. The webcam screenshot in your most recent post is what is shown if the streaming or webcam service you are trying to use isn't getting the feed. If you open the EOS Webcam Utility software directly it will have a window with Scenes at the bottom. If the EOS Webcam Utility itself is detecting the camera the video feed should be shown as one of the scenes. Checking that would help narrow down where the disconnect is happening.

This is what i see in EOS webcam Utility

agentz_0-1718478132099.png

Announcements