cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Canon T7i Bundle Should I Buy?

devemarko
Apprentice

Hello Everyone,

I'm a complete beginner and very excited to buy my first DSLR. I found the Canon T7i is a great camera with great specifications. I made my research online and found those T7i bundles but I found a lot of people saying that these bundles have very low-quality accessories but on the other side I see very positive reviews from the users.

I found this bundle that fit my needs:

Amazon1.JPG

Amazon2.JPG

should I buy the Canon T7i as a bundle or buy the lenses and the accessories I need separately?

Is there a better bundle you can recommend?

thank you

[Amazon link deleted per forum guidelines.  To facilitate discussion, we've included images of the corresponding web page.]

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@devemarko wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm a complete beginner and very excited to buy my first DSLR. I found the Canon T7i is a great camera with great specifications. I made my research online and found those T7i bundles but I found a lot of people saying that these bundles have very low-quality accessories but on the other side I see very positive reviews from the users.

I found this bundle that fit my needs: [ LINK DELETED ]

should I buy the Canon T7i as a bundle or buy the lenses and the accessories I need separately?

Is there a better bundle you can recommend?

thank you

I strongly recommend against buying cameras on Amazon.  The accessories that come with most of the camera packages are complete junk.  You cannot always tell if the seller is an authorized dealer.  You cannot always tell if the camera will have a factory warranty, which is one of main reasons such packages seem so cheap.

I make all of my online camera purchases with Canon USA or B&H Photo Video in NYC.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-interchangeable-lens-cameras 

The best deals on Canon gear can be found in their Online Refurbished Store.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah, heed Waddizzle's advice. You couldn't get all that stuff for $900 if it were all good quality. The camera is probably OK (although W's point about warranties is well taken); the lenses are mediocre; and the rest is almost certainly junk. The Sandisk memory cards should be OK, but counterfeit cards are common. Buy from a reputable dealer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

devenmarko,

Follow the guy's advice.  Only buy from a reputable (authorized) seller. 

Beyond that, your choice of the T7i is a good one.  Its a great starter body.  You get a lot of camera for the money, in both MP's and AF points.   Feature rich and something your can learn on and grow in to. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ray-uk
Whiz

That bundle is awful, there is far too much stuff in it that is very poor quality and most of it you will never even use. Go to a reputable dealer and buy the camera and lens that you want, other accessories can be added later once you decide what you need.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Only buy from a reputable (authorized) seller."

Amazon may be an authorized Canon USA dealer, I don't know.  However, the camera kits they sell are probably not from a Canon USA dealer.  They are from resellers of unknown reputation. In this sense Amazon is like eBay.  They just offer a place to advertise the product. From the kits they offer, it surely makes their reputation suspect.  Calling them junk is an understatement.

Before you buy from any source ask if they are an authorized Canon USA dealer.  It is absolutely necessary to say Canon USA and not just a Canon dealer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The supplier of that kit is Jerry's Photo.  It is not listed on the authorized list of Canon USA dealers.  It is unlikely he is so I would absolutely avoid buying from Jerry's Photo on Amazon.  BTW, Amazon is on the list so anything sold directly by Amazon should be fine.

Authorized Canon USA dealers 

You need to see this icon displayed.

canon_authorized_logo_whitebg.png

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

devemarko
Apprentice

Thank you for your advice, i appreciate your help 🙂

As others noted, be very careful with Amazon because items often change without the description being updated.  It is easy to return items but for most if not all items B&H pricing is the same. The chances of getting a non-USA warranty item are far too high.

Canon sometimes does pretty good promotions with their own kits which usually are just a lens or two and maybe an extra battery.  The other junk that retailers usually throw in with the kit is just junk that is mostly useless and of low quality.

Note that B&H runs a deal with a bank where they will effectively refund your state sales tax IF you buy using that bank credit card.  I did that for a couple of recent large purchases because it was worth the hassle to do the quick online application in order to save several hundred dollars however you definitely want to pay the full balance immediately because it is at some ridiculously high interest rate.  I suspect that the bank gets enough people who decide to pay over time that they can easily afford to "eat" the equivalent of state sales tax given their interest rate but don't fall into that trap.

I have been a very happy B&H customer for a long time and I have also had good experiences recently with Adorama.  I use Hensel studio flashes and Adorama has much better stock of Hensel (German made) accesory items than B&H.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon has this available for $640.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-rebel-t7i-ef-s-18-55-is-stm-kit-refurbished

The 75-300 lens in the kit is bing sold by canon for about $160.

I suggest this lens for $360:

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-70-300mm-f-4-5-6-is-ii-usm-refurbished

A camera bag and a two SD cards and you will be all set with a very good kit.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements