cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fps

riza
Apprentice

i have a 5d mk4 with an announced rate of 7fps. but i can just ger 1fps. what may be the problem?

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@riza wrote:

i have a 5d mk4 with an announced rate of 7fps. but i can just ger 1fps. what may be the problem?

Not enough info to provide an answer.  What is your exposure settings?  Etc?  I suggest that you contact Canon.  They will ask you a number of questions, so that they can reproduce your shooting conditions, in an attempt to reproduce your issue.

There are a number of causes that can slow down the frame rate.  A very slow shutter speed can slow down the frame rate.  A slow focusing lens can slow down the frame rate.  Some in-camera noise reduction settings can slow down the frame rate.  A slow memory card(s) can slow down the frame rate.  Writing to both card slots can slow down the frame rate.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Make sure that Digital Lens Optimiser is not on. That is a real Digic-Hog.

thanks a lot, after turning it off camera worked very well. 

Turning what off?

Digital Lens Optimiser

Yeah... Don't leave us hanging. Share the cure. Smiley Frustrated

Edit to add-

Thanks for filling in the details!

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Shooting with the flash would slow things down too. Shooting jpegs instead of RAW files will probably increase your fps rate also. The owner's manual will probably explain which camera settings will effect the fps rate, but you may have to do a bit of digging.

@BurnUnit wrote:

Shooting with the flash would slow things down too. Shooting jpegs instead of RAW files will probably increase your fps rate also. The owner's manual will probably explain which camera settings will effect the fps rate, but you may have to do a bit of digging.If anythin

If anything, I'd expect shooting JPEGs to decrease the frame rate, since the camera would probably have to do more computation.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

If anything, I'd expect shooting JPEGs to decrease the frame rate, since the camera would probably have to do more computation.

Was just basing this on the fact that it would take less time to write the smaller jpeg files to the card as opposed to the RAW files. It seems quicker to me at least when shooting single images. May have to experiment a bit with a burst of shots both ways.

Announcements