cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external monitor image from Canon EOS R6 Mark II is reversed!

deebla
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS R6 Mark II, and I have successfully connected it to an external monitor/TV screen via HDMI-micro cable. The only issue is that the image on the monitor/TV is reversed. I am self-taping, so if I exit the frame right it shows up exiting the frame left. I need to see the image as I am filming but in the larger monitor. How can I change this? The camera seems to have no flip or mirror feature. Help! I want to love my camera, but....

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What do you see when you hold up a large sign or something with large text letters on it?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

When you say exit frame right, do you mean your right as you face the camera?  If so, everything is correct.

e.g. say there is an object (sphere in this example) to your right as you face the camera.  What the camera sees is:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11.45.33 AM.png

And if you have a monitor that you can view, it will show the same.  And if you then move to your right as you face the camera, you'll move left in the eyes of the camera (your right is the camera's left):

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 11.45.44 AM.png

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Then  what I need to see on my external monitor is the reverse of what the camera is filming. My brain can’t flip the image, so it’s confusing for me when I move in and out of frame.

I believe the only thing you could do is set up a mirror to reflect the monitor's image.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I think you may be correct. I now am looking into film director’s monitors (and possibly gaming monitors), which have that flip option. But thanks, for responding so quickly!

Announcements