EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching lens shuts 7D down

Aloha! I have a Canon 7D. It won't turn on with a lens attached. The body alone turns on fine, but when attaching the lens, it shuts down. It isn't the lens because I tested it on a 5D with no problem. Ideas? I cleaned the contacts with alcohol, but ...

GBHajim by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! new SL1, Q Set button always defaults

SL1 body. When pressing the Q Set button it always defaults to Image Quality and does not allow me to manually change to other settings using the arrows. I know I can use the touchscreen to do so but I've been a Rebel T1i user for many years obviousl...

daverave by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS utility

Old laptop died so I just bought a new one w/ W10.  Where can I find the software download for EOS utility so I can get back to getting my photos on the computer? On the Canon website, I only found an update, not the actual software.  Tx 

Resolved! T5 "P" Setting

I'm still learning and was reading a book that says the "P" (Programmed Mode) sets everything automatically. So my question is what's the difference between that and the 'auto' (A+ Scene Intelligent Auto mode) mode? 

Canon Camera Window and Rebel T3i

I just bought a Rebel T3i and find that the Canon Camera Window that I have used with previous Canons to transfer photos to the PC (Windows 7) via Zoombrowser couldn't be accessed with the T3i. So I am using Windows Photo Gallery but liked the Camera...

Annaf by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low and static audio in Rebel SL1

I'm using an XLR to Mini Jack converter box (DXA-2T) in the EOS Rebel LS1 - I'm getting low volume and static - when I use the SAME setup in another camera (Sony handycam) audio is fine. Any thoughts or suggestions?

ramonray by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

70D wont power up

Hello,I have a 70D that I purchased in 2014. I took a few photos and then the camera froze after pressing the shutter. It would not turn off without pulling the battery. Thinking it was a battery problem, I charged the battery and tried it later that...

Manual underexposure 7D mark ii

When I set a shutter speed and aperture in manual mode after measuring the actual ambient light with a separate light meter, the exposure appears typically underexposed. Am I missing something? The ISO's between meter and camera match, etc.

drjay by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! DSLR BUYING GUIDE

I AM NEW TO THE DSLR WORD BUT AM WANTING TO PURCHASE AN UPPER END MID-RANGE DSLR FIR USE DURING MY HUNTING/FISHING EXCURSIONS WHICH AT TIMES MAY BE FRIGID, COLD, RAINY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE.  CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A CANON MODEL TO FIT THE BILL?

fhashby by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements