cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my canon m50 connect to computer?

amicyberspace
Apprentice

Hey folks!

I recently bought a Canon m50 and I absolutely love it. However, now that I'm about to transfer my photos to my computer it won't work. I have heard of the wireless transfer method, but in order to do that I have to connect to the camera and will therefore not have any internet connection while the transfer is being made. If this is the only way to do it I have to say that it would be a huge bummer.

I want to transfer my photos simply by a USB cable, but for some reason my laptop won't recognize the device? Also, no photos can be found if I put in the SD card into the laptop. Whenever I have a cable from my camera to laptop, the camera screen will freeze.

Do anyone know a solution to this?

Thank you in advance! Smiley Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

elegault
Apprentice

I finally got this to work - it's all about using the right USB cable.  I must have got the one that came with the camera mixed up with the other dozen USB cables I have, and I suspect they were all not USB 2.0 cables. So use the right cable!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

amicyberspace, 

We are sorry to hear that this happens.  If you wouldn't mind, can you let the community know what operating system is running on your computer at the the time this issue occurs? Are you able to review the images you have taken on the camera itself? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I would be very interested in hearing the resolution on this as I am having the same issue.

I just bought a canon m50 and I also cannot connect to my pc. I have windows 10 and i have wifi turned off on it yet i don't even get the camera connected icon on the screen that i keep seeing people talk about

MidasL
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem

I am going to guess you all have Apple or Mac computers. Make sure you have the correct version of software for your specific OS.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

rcbcavalcanti
Apprentice

Hi,

Where you able to fix this problem? I'm having the same issue.

Thank you

elegault
Apprentice

+1. Disabled WiFi and NFC in camera. Windows 10 up to date. Tried without a memory card. Tried different cables. Same issue on my laptop and desktop PC. Device Manager shows nothing. I'm starting to suspect the USB port is broken in the camera - if a cable is connected, pressing any button in the camera simply shows "busy" on the screen. Is there no way to manually install a driver?

Thanks, You helped me!

The cable was wrong. (There are many cables for charging devices, whituot data lines.)

elegault
Apprentice

I finally got this to work - it's all about using the right USB cable.  I must have got the one that came with the camera mixed up with the other dozen USB cables I have, and I suspect they were all not USB 2.0 cables. So use the right cable!!

Announcements