cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which software for tethering EOS1200D

ClaireK
Apprentice

I have an EOS1200D and am wondering which software to download to my laptop so that I can tether my camera. I have found the software download options but my camera is not listed.  My laptop is Windows 8 and I'd rather not have to update it if I don't have to.

Can anyone advise please?  Thank you. Claire

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download the digital image of the camera CD (if you don't have the original) and install EOS Utility.

jrhoffman75_0-1650238446503.png

EOS 1200D - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe (canon-europe.com)

Then install the update to EOSU from the same website.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you want the best get Lightroom. It isn’t free but the best usually isn’t. If you want free do as JH suggests.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lightroom is great product. I have used it since the original initial public beta was released. But, it is a photo editing product with tethering capability. I would not recommend someone get involved in the monthly Adobe subscription process just for tethering. EOS Utility provides more capability that LrC. A very interesting product, for less than $50, is Control My Canon. 

I think this is OK to post since it doesn’t link to the site. It is from a tethertools.com software comparison. 

https://tetherscript.com/controlmycanon-comparison/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements