cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewfinder goes black

Jim_C
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS RP. Today when I went to use it, no image showed up on the viewfinder or back screen until I pressed the shutter button half way. Then the image went away in a fraction of a second. If I go ahead and press all the way, it takes a picture but is is all black. Please help. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you press the [MENU] button, do you see the menus?  If you can see the menu screens, then switch the shooting mode to P.  I think you need to reset the camera.

Once that is done, go into the menus and find “Reset Settings to Factory Defaults”.   If this does not resolve the problems, then constant Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you press the [MENU] button, do you see the menus?  If you can see the menu screens, then switch the shooting mode to P.  I think you need to reset the camera.

Once that is done, go into the menus and find “Reset Settings to Factory Defaults”.   If this does not resolve the problems, then constant Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Once I went to P, then I went to FV and noticed I had my shutter speed at 1/2000 and I was inside. Oops! I feel so embarrassed right now. Lol

Announcements