cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Canon EOS 60D HDMI cable output as a streaming camera

CameraMan220
Apprentice

Hi there,

I'm receiving HDMI signal from my Canon EOS 60D on my laptop, but is there a way to get rid of the overlayed rectangle when the lens is on Manual Focus and to fix the overall framing so it's just an HDMI feed?

When I change the lens to automatic focus, corners outline my face whenever my face is visible in front of the camera.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Most likely not.  The EOS 60D, as with the majority of Canon's DSLRs won't output clean HDMI for video.   See this link for a list of all the models that do.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ray-uk
Whiz

@CameraMan220 wrote:

Hi there,

When I change the lens to automatic focus, corners outline my face whenever my face is visible in front of the camera.

Turn off the automatic face recognition in the live view AF menu

CameraMan220
Apprentice
Thanks for the thought! Any setting without the corners superimposed in my face has a permanent rectangle. And there’s also the issue in all cases of the signal being framed in a limited way (not bleeding to the edges).

@CameraMan220 wrote:
Thanks for the thought! Any setting without the corners superimposed in my face has a permanent rectangle. And there’s also the issue in all cases of the signal being framed in a limited way (not bleeding to the edges).

The 60D does not have a clean HDMI video output.

As far as the signal being "framed" goes, what type of device are you using to view the HDMI signal.  Most televisions will do what is known as "overscan" an HDMI television signal.  There are historical reasons for this that go back to the days of composite video signals.  

If you wish to view an HDMI signal on a consumer television, then use the "PC" input if it has one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements