cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - 5D Mark IV Videos - how do I download

hallen2322
Contributor

I currently only have an SD card in my camera. When I connect to the Canon Connect app on my iPhone, I can see the videos I’ve taken but I cannot download them. I get an error message that .mov file format is not supported. Does anyone know how I can change my camera settings so they are recorded as .mp4 files? And how can I download the  .mov files I already have?

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Yea, this is unfortunate.  .mov is a "container" format and so the actual codec being used to encode the footage could be just about anything.

Do you have access to a computer? If so, you can re-export the video (e.g. on a Mac, use "QuickTime Player" to export it to say H.264, MPEG-4, etc.).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky, thank you for your reply!

I do have a Mac that I can use. How would you suggest I connect my camera to my laptop if I do not have the USB cord?

Does your Mac have an SD card slot? If not, there are inexpensive SD card readers you could look at getting (e.g. those by SanDisk).  Just be sure that you get a reader where its USB cable can be connected to your Mac.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You'll want to use a cable or card reader.  They are not expensive.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements