cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from T2i to T7?

hmercer23
Apprentice

I purchased a T2i several years ago and I used it a lot, life got busy and photography was pushed to the side. I'm starting to get back in to photography and was thinking about getting a new camera. I was thinking of buying the T7 due to budget, is the T7 a downgrade from the T2i? I have also thought about moving to the mirrorless.

Any advice would be great

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The T7 is a performance upgrade, but it is also somewhat of a build quality downgrade. The T2i was a well built body.  

Without knowing your budget it’s hard to advise you. Canon does offer Sales advice to customers looking to purchase an upgrade. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you are prepared to consider mirrorless, then I would do so seriously.  As Bill said, we can't give great advice without a $value to limit our enthusiasm.   Depending on what lenses you have, if you want to keep them, then stick to one of the crop-sensor bodies: that would be R7, R10, R50.  If you have only the kit lenses for the T2i, then look to getting an RF-S 18-150 lens kitted with the body of your choice.  I would personally suggest the R10, as it has the best features for the investment.  If you use EF or EF-S lenses you will need an EF-RF adapter.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements