cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from T2i to T7?

hmercer23
Apprentice

I purchased a T2i several years ago and I used it a lot, life got busy and photography was pushed to the side. I'm starting to get back in to photography and was thinking about getting a new camera. I was thinking of buying the T7 due to budget, is the T7 a downgrade from the T2i? I have also thought about moving to the mirrorless.

Any advice would be great

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thumbs up for your post.  I suppose you could say there's a learning curve with mirrorless because of all the great features these body's have over DSLRs. The learning curve between the two is essentially the same.  The same principles to exposure apply.  You just have to get used to a camera that does more for you. Generally speaking, mirrorless does what a DSLR does, just better/faster.👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

I agree 100% with your statement, "The learning curve between the two is essentially the same.  The same principles to exposure apply.  You just have to get used to a camera that does more for you."

The original poster has a Rebel T2i and a T7 should be similar in layout and function to that camera.  My assumption is that a R50, R10 or R7 (or curren full frame mirrorless body) may be slight less familiar.  In any case, you're stressing the principals of exposure and if I might add, the principals of composition, etc. is spot on.

I may be a bit crusty and curmudgeonly, but I bristle a little bit when someone likes or admires a photo I took and asks, "what kind of camera do you have?"  The implication is that it is the tool and not the workman was the key factor in the creation of a pleasing photo.  The proper tools do may make it easier though.

Regards,

LZ

Announcements