cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download Videos from EOS Rebel T6

Kc5
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel T6 and I have done everything from downloading multiple apps, different mobile devices, and etc. Nothing seems to work, I am having trouble with videos. Everytime I try to download a video onto my phone with the Canon Connect app it just tells me "Movie Format Not Supported" Please I need information ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2019-02-04.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Kc5 wrote:
I have a Canon Rebel T6 and I have done everything from downloading multiple apps, different mobile devices, and etc. Nothing seems to work, I am having trouble with videos. Everytime I try to download a video onto my phone with the Canon Connect app it just tells me "Movie Format Not Supported" Please I need information ASAP.

Movie files are saved as MOV file types and format.  Not sure if you even can transfer movie files wirelessly to a phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Kc5
Apprentice
So then how would I be able to transfer or change the MOV file to a different file?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think video transfer is to an Android phone - uses NFC transfer.

You camera manual should address this.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Kc5
Apprentice
More details please...

2019-02-04.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm not sure why this is marked as a solution. Connecting via NFC still fails to import MOV files to Android.

I've even installed VLC Player, which plays MOV files and that doesn't help. The app refuses to import MOV regardless.

@BWedding wrote:

I'm not sure why this is marked as a solution. Connecting via NFC still fails to import MOV files to Android.

I've even installed VLC Player, which plays MOV files and that doesn't help. The app refuses to import MOV regardless.

Exactly.  That's our solution.  It doesn't work, never has.  It isn't broken.

The "solution" should probably clearly state that Android will not import MOV files no matter what. And while it may not be broken, 1/2 your market is disenfranchised. 

@BWedding wrote:

The "solution" should probably clearly state that Android will not import MOV files no matter what. And while it may not be broken, 1/2 your market is disenfranchised. 

Actually, the "solution" should probably remind users that Android does not MP4 files.  You need special apps.

Announcements