cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find the owner of a Canon camera

Alaska2024
Apprentice

I found a Canon camera in a restroom at the South Denali View State Park on July 20th at about 4 pm. I left my contact information at the State Park office but no inquiries. The camera has a zoom lens 75-300 mm and has 745 photos of someone's Alaska trip on it. I would really like to find the owner and return his camera. Owners photo and what I think is a photo of his wife are below. Do you know either of there folks?  thanks, gene parker PS: I have the registration number but Canon could not help me locate the owner. 

Alaska2024_0-1722724850693.jpeg

Alaska2024_1-1722724908022.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Did you check the copyright info in the menu to see if they have set it up?

if I ever leave a camera somewhere I hope that someone honest like yourself finds it.

Tom, I can open the menu but do not see anything about copyright set up. i think this is a EOS Rebel SL2. Would  you provide guidance? thanks

Alaska2024,

It's in the Wrench Settings, Tab# 4. See p. 295 of the manual.

If the owner set it up, it will show up in the EXIF information.

Steve Thomas

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

Sorry, I don’t know where it would be on that camera.  Hopefully someone else will.

steedtrader
Apprentice

I find Facebook very effective with things like this.  Also, if there are other pictures in there you could try using "Google Lens" and identify older photos of something near their home then post in the Facebook Group "Lost and found pets" in that city.   Lots of exposure and sharing in those groups.  Google Lens is great for that.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Great suggestions.  This is a sad story.  I'm surprised you haven't heard from someone after leaving your contact info.  The owner must be sick about losing the camera and all the pictures.  Someone either stole it and got cold feet or the owner somehow left it behind.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements