cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering Issue with EOS Rebel T7

Fairfield
Apprentice

I was able to tether my EOS Rebel T7 in Lightroom. However, once I updated the firmware to version 1.2.1, it will no longer tether. I have updated Lightroom and restarted my computer and still cannot tether. I have attempted to tether on 2 separate Apple computers, one with Sonoma and one with Monterey--neither one works. I attempted to restore my previous firmware, version 1.2.0, but my camera displays the message, "Firmware older than Ver. 1.2.1 is on memory card, Delete old file and update using Later version."

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Fairfield,

I understand your concern with having tethering issues. Through Canon support we only have information on products and software made by Canon, so to trouble shoot Lightroom we would recommend contacting Adobe.

On the camera itself there isn't a way to revert to a previous firmware version, so you will not be able to bring it back to firmware 1.2.0. There are a couple of things to check with an issue like this. The first thing is to make sure the wi-fi on the camera is disabled. When the wi-fi is enabled on the EOS Rebel T7 it disables the USB port. To check that press the Menu button on the camera, go to the third yellow wrench tab, and set Wi-Fi/NFC to Disable. Once you've done that check to see if the same thing is happening.

The other thing to check would be to try using our tethering software. That is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the current version is EOS Utility 3.18.0. Once that is installed open the software and you will see a black window with icons of a camera and computer. When you see that window connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, and once the EOS Utility detects your camera it will automatically refresh to give you the import and remote shooting options. Select Remote Shooting and that will start the tethered shooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Fairfield,

I understand your concern with having tethering issues. Through Canon support we only have information on products and software made by Canon, so to trouble shoot Lightroom we would recommend contacting Adobe.

On the camera itself there isn't a way to revert to a previous firmware version, so you will not be able to bring it back to firmware 1.2.0. There are a couple of things to check with an issue like this. The first thing is to make sure the wi-fi on the camera is disabled. When the wi-fi is enabled on the EOS Rebel T7 it disables the USB port. To check that press the Menu button on the camera, go to the third yellow wrench tab, and set Wi-Fi/NFC to Disable. Once you've done that check to see if the same thing is happening.

The other thing to check would be to try using our tethering software. That is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the current version is EOS Utility 3.18.0. Once that is installed open the software and you will see a black window with icons of a camera and computer. When you see that window connect the camera and computer with a USB cable, and once the EOS Utility detects your camera it will automatically refresh to give you the import and remote shooting options. Select Remote Shooting and that will start the tethered shooting.

Announcements