cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck down flash on my T7i

LCinOH
Contributor

Can anyone advise me how to unstick the flash on my recently purchased used T7i?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LCinOH
Contributor

Got it figured by watching a UTube segment. If anyone has that same problem let me know. I’ll send the url for that utube segment. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What mode are you shooting in A+, M, Av, Tv, P  or any other Fully Automated modes. The flash must be popped up manually. With most current Rebel Cameras the flash icon will blink if the built in flash is needed. Or if the AF Assist Beam is needed. If AF becomes difficult under low light or contrast situations.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 182158.pngScreenshot 2023-01-28 182411.png

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

LCinOH
Contributor

Got it figured by watching a UTube segment. If anyone has that same problem let me know. I’ll send the url for that utube segment. 

soyseak
Contributor

If the flash on your T7i is stuck, here are a few steps you can try to unstick it:

Power off the camera: Start by turning off the camera and removing the battery. This will help prevent any damage to the camera or the flash while you try to unstick it.

Gently push the flash: With the camera off, try to gently push the flash back down into the closed position. Make sure not to use too much force, as this could cause damage to the flash or camera.

Apply pressure to the sides: If the flash still won't budge, try applying pressure to the sides of the flash while gently pushing it down. This may help to release any stuck parts.

Use a thin object: If the above steps don't work, you can try using a thin object such as a toothpick or a plastic card to gently pry the flash open. Be very careful not to scratch the camera or damage the flash with the object you're using.

Seek professional help: If none of the above steps work, it's best to take your camera to a professional for repair. They will be able to safely disassemble the camera and fix any issues with the flash.

Remember to always be careful when handling your camera and to avoid using too much force, as this can cause permanent damage.

SOY SEAK

I tried that. It didn’t work for me. My solution was to check out YouTube. See below. You can remove two small screws from the flash cover and loosen the master screw that is the main hinge (hinge screw) of the flash. Back it off.  It will usually work and you don’t need to mess around with any other parts. 

https://youtu.be/YSdWKCwuqAE

Announcements