cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting in RAW but uploading to my phone as JPEG

Tadghmagnus_
Apprentice
So, I have the Samsung Galaxy note10 plus, and the Canon EOS t7i, now I like to shoot in RAW because it had higher image quality and more information. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. And when I first started using it, I transferred some of the files form the camera to my phone using the canon app. Some uploaded as jpg 6000x4000, which was fine...because I just wanted the high resolution, but I don't know what happened. Now they only upload as jpg 2400x1600, and I don't like it because the resolution is so much lower and the editing process in lightroom is not that great. I even changed the setting to original size instead of S2, but they are still uploading in 2400x1600 resolution.
9 REPLIES 9

Peter
Authority
Authority
You will need Camera Connect & Control if you want to tranfer raw files to your Android.

Tadghmagnus_
Apprentice
I'll try that, thank you

@Tadghmagnus_

Canon Camera Connect App

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.canon.ic.cameraconnect&hl=en_US

-Compatible File Types
JPEG、MP4、MOV
・Importing original RAW files is not supported (RAW files are resized to JPEG).
・MOV files shot with EOS cameras cannot be saved.
・HEIF (10 bit) and RAW movie files shot with compatible cameras cannot be saved.
・AVCHD files shot with Camcorder cannot be saved.

Won't do RAW due to file size limatations.  Has always been like this.   Credit to Tim 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tim
Authority

Tadghmagnus_, 

The Camera Connect app  is unable to transfer RAW images, only JPEG files.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Peter
Authority
Authority
Actually the same Canon app, but for iOS, transfers raw files. We who use Android and want to transfer raw files need to use third-party apps instead.

wchettel
Enthusiast

I have an EOS SL2 and I save my photos as JPG + RAW. When I connect my Pixel 3 XL using the Canon Camera Connect app to the SL2 I can only download the JPG photos to my Pixel.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

@wchettel wrote:

I have an EOS SL2 and I save my photos as JPG + RAW. When I connect my Pixel 3 XL using the Canon Camera Connect app to the SL2 I can only download the JPG photos to my Pixel.

Of course, not.  RAW files are the digital equivalent of being digital negatives.  Just like film negatives, RAW files must be processed into a "digital print" for viewing.  JPG is the most common file type used for digital prints.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@wchettel wrote:

You have the answer already in this thread. You are just using the wrong app.

@Peter wrote:

You have the answer already in this thread. You are just using the wrong app.

I was not asking a question. Smiley Happy

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
Announcements