cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Magnified Images

yirga
Apprentice

When I magnify an image during review, can I save the magnified image? The camera is an EOS 60D.

8 REPLIES 8

Tiffany

Hi Yirga!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

Skirball
Authority

I assume you're referring to reviewing it in-camera and zooming in to look at details.  No, I do not believe there is a way to save just that cropped image.  But just about any photo-software would do that for you in post process.

ScottyP
Authority
You want to save the entire image and do your cropping & editing on a nice big computer screen. Editing a shot on a little camera LCD screen would be like trying to solve a "Where's Waldo" printed on a postage stamp.

Canon DSLR cameras come with a free post-processing editing software (DPP), or you can buy a copy of easy-to-learn Lightroom 5 which is money very very well spent.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense.

hsbn
Whiz

I think you can crop on the camera and save it as another image. I don't have a 60D to test out. But when you preview the image and press the Q key, it should give you a list of option. But like others said, it's best to be done on a computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks. I'll check out this possible solution.

@hsbn wrote:

I think you can crop on the camera and save it as another image. I don't have a 60D to test out. But when you preview the image and press the Q key, it should give you a list of option. But like others said, it's best to be done on a computer.

I do have a 60D (well... 60Da, but basically the same except for the filter).  The Q menu gives you lots of options, but nothing for cropping.

The only way to crop in is to do it on the computer -- where it's much easier to control anyway.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

daniel147
Contributor

I think you may not be able to save the magnified image on camera. Generally, we magnify or crop a photo and save it to a new image on computers.

Announcements