cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel SL2 shutter

Mightyalpaca
Contributor
Hello,
Looking for some help with my shutter. I've reset all my settings to try and fix the problem but no luck. When in picture taking mode, the shutter simply will not take a picture no matter what the camera is set to (auto, manual, whatever) but the touch shutter by touching the screen works. Also whenever I turn on the camera it takes a picture on its own, but the screen remains black until I push the shutter button.
14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It may not, but it often does and its easy to try.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Mightyalpaca
Contributor
Yeah didn't help, I'll give them a call when I get back in the country and see what they say. Thanks for trying everyone

"Yeah didn't help, I'll give them a call ..."

Imagine that.  The idea of a call to Canon is best.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

SOLVED!!!!!

I deleted everything on the SD from my computer, not just the video files but a full wipe of the SD card and problem no longer occurs. Should have just tried a different SD card I guess but something must have been wrong with the formatting.  No idea why this would cause the camera to function differently but I am glad to be able to use my shutter button again.

You know I hope it was the SD card but I highly doubt it.  But good luck anyway, don't be shocked if the problem occurs again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements