cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 can't connect to WiFi - Camera Connect App

Alexbaransky
Contributor

Hello,

I have an R7 and I was trying to connect it to the Camera Connect app so I could import some pictures from my camera to my iPhone. I'm able to connect to the app using bluetooth, but whenever I try to import photos or use any other functionality, the app says "Switching to a faster Wifi connection" which just hangs and never completes.

IMG_0368.PNG

I've tried removing the camera from the app and re-registering it, deleted connection settings in my camera, and followed some steps to try to connect to the camera while it's off. None of these have solved my issue. Please let me know if anyone can help, thanks!

Camera Body: EOS R7 Firmware 1.4.0 (updated today)

iPhone Device/OS: iPhone 15 Pro iOS 17.3.1

24 REPLIES 24

Tried resetting my R7 and no luck. We'll see what else we can do.

Eclipse was incredible, still working on photos but these are already looking great 🙂 Took these with RF 100-500 on R7 at ~300mm on a tracking mount (didn't help very much because my alignment wasn't great).Corona stack (~14 exps.)Corona stack (~14 exps.)Diamond ring at 3rd contactDiamond ring at 3rd contact

Those pictures are amazing! Looks like flames off the side.

I haven't had the chance to reset mine yet, but if I find a solution, I will let you know. 

Thanks for the help.

Thanks 🙂

I'm sending my R7 in for repair. If you're having the same issue you probably should as well, or I can let you know how it resolves in a few weeks.

Contenter
Apprentice

I am having the exact same problem, have you resolved it yet?

Hi, no resolution yet. Still need to ship my R7 back to the repair center. Will let you know what their conclusion is.

Announcements