cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6mark2 Freeze in ES mode CS1

srQwer
Contributor

Hello, someone has a set of R6mk2 & RF 24-70
In such a setup, on an electronic shutter and sequential non-high-speed shooting, a black screen appears every 40-50 frames (after turning on or waking up, it may happen on frame 5) =(with different optics or changing the shutter speed to a faster one (h, h+) there is no problem, there are no problems on a mechanical shutter.
This "feature" is incredibly annoying.
The camera and lens have the latest firmware.
The problem occurs even without a memory card (as well as UHS II)
The stabilizer does not affect the error
The camera freezes for 2-10 seconds always in different ways (While the last photo is displayed in the viewfinder until you take your face away from the sensor)
It is extremely rare to go completely down and need to get a battery.
I would like to understand how common the trouble is.
A colleague has the same problem in connection with the RF 15-35
With the same settings, I tried with EF 24-70II EF 70-200 2.8 II Sigma 35/50 ART RF 24-105 2.8 Z RF 16 the error does not occur
Sorry for my English. EOS R6 Mark II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

srQwer
Contributor

Thanks for attention. The problem has been resolved in update 1.4.0.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand, type, and storage capacity of memory cards are you using?  

Is wireless communications disabled?

You should only be using full size, UHS-II SD cards.  You should only use major brands that have been purchased from a Canon Factory Authorized Dealer.  The Amazon marketplace is not the best place to purchase memory cards, batteries, or other electronic camera accessories.

Be sure to always use the camera to format your memory cards prior to first use.  Despite appearances to the contrary, memory cards do not come pre-formatted.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

As I said above, the problem occurs even without an SD card. And so Lexar UHS-II 1667X is used. Camera in airplane mode

@srQwer wrote:

As I said above, the problem occurs even without an SD card. And so Lexar UHS-II 1667X is used. Camera in airplane mode

Are you saying that the camera can take photos without a memory card?  My cameras do not capture photos without a memory card installed.  Yours does?

I suggest that you disable the image preview after every photo.  Is the camera supposed to display every captured image following and during a burst.  It is a waste of battery life, anyway.  Make sure that you have all wireless communication disabled, too.  

Do you have any extra accessories attached to the camera besides a lens?

To shoot without a card, you need to activate menu item 1.7 "Shutter release without a card"
Photo preview is disabled
Wireless capabilities are disabled (as I wrote above)
The original BG-R10 handle with two original batteries is attached to the camera

@srQwer wrote:

To shoot without a card, you need to activate menu item 1.7 "Shutter release without a card"
Photo preview is disabled
Wireless capabilities are disabled (as I wrote above)
The original BG-R10 handle with two original batteries is attached to the camera

The highlighted statement is a direct conradiction of your origianl post.

The camera freezes for 2-10 seconds always in different ways (While the last photo is displayed in the viewfinder until you take your face away from the sensor) “

Well, apparently I described it incorrectly, the last captured frame is displayed in the EVF.

@srQwer wrote:

Well, apparently I described it incorrectly, the last captured frame is displayed in the EVF.

Nothing has changed.  If preview were actually disabled, then you would not see any photos after they are captured.

Go into your menus and verify that it has been disabled.

Electronic viewfinder (EVF) reads the matrix in low resolution all the time. And the last frame that was read in the matrix freezes, in my opinion I made it clear that preview actually disabled 100%

The Community is trying to help, and you're being abrasive, which is unacceptable. You can follow the GUIDELINES or call support at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) for help.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements