cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mk2 making noise and access lamp flashing, even when turned off

CinBrandon
Apprentice

Canon R6 Mark ii sitting on my desk, has been turned off for at least an hour.

The access lamp will periodically flash/flicker, and camera makes a brief noise similar to focus noise. IT will do this periodically for a bit then stop. Then a bit later will do it some more.

Battery is in, one card is in. Nothing touching the camera, and camera is OFF.

Any Thoughts?

EOS R6 Mark II 

6 REPLIES 6

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Given the camera is supposed to be turned off, it sounds like a call to Canon Tech Support 800-OK-CANON

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Danfaz
Enthusiast

Are you doing anything in Camera Connect? You can access files even if camera is off. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Remove any lens, mount adapter, or battery grip. It might be a good idea to disable wireless communications.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Almost forgot. Only use full sized UHS II cards. Format them in the camera prior to first use   

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

CinBrandon,

I have r3ad of people having this kind of problem when they still have their Bluetooth connection enabled. You have to cancel the pairing, or put your camera in Airplane mode.

Others traced the problem to IBIS still running.

Others have traced the problem to the GPS location function still running.

Others have traced the problem to a third party adapter.

Steve Thomas

CinBrandon
Apprentice

Update:
The camera was apparently being "pinged" by some "find bluetooth devices" app my son was using around the house. R6 was doing it too. Silly me thought "OFF" meant OFF.

I guess maybe this is handy feature if you want to access the camera with the app, even when turned off?

I now have "Airplane mode" on one of my custom Menus. Thank you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements