cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mark II HDR Exp. Sim not working

mosesmg3-media
Apprentice

I just got my R6 Mark II and as a real estate photographer most of my shots are done with HDR. However, when I have HDR enabled, my exposure simulation does not work. I've made sure it is on but for some reason the exposure on my LCD and viewfinder do not change. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What do you expect to see? An HDR exposure typically consists of multiple images, each with a different exposure. You’re not going to see the simulation of the final HDR image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

On my Canon RP I would see what the exposure on the first image will be.

@mosesmg3-mediawrote:

I do not know what “not working” means to you.

To me, “not working” would mean a blank display. If you are seeing something that resembles what the camera is looking at, then it “is working”, IMHO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@mosesmg3-mediawrote:

I'm with Waddizzle, and also don't know what you mean by "first image".

I found an on line manual for the R7 R6 mark II and this note in it, which I could not find in the downloadable PDF manual. This may be your problem.

From on line manual.From on line manual.

I found the manual that the screen shot came from HERE.

I've done a lot of HDR over the years with various cameras, including HDR PQ with the R5 and R6. I use HDR PQ with my Raw files and export HEIF files for my Mac and iOS friends, and for my own enjoyment. You need HDR capable hardware to view them properly. As for standard 3-5-7 shot conventional HDR (exposure bracketing), I prefer to process them myself. DPP 4 does a pretty good job, but I also will use other raster editors that will handle my Raw (CR2/CR3) files. I totally understand why someone would want to do it in camera on the spot and it totally makes sense, so don't get me wrong about my preference... It is what it is.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements