cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6: How to see level while recording

alindrum
Contributor

I just bought my R6 a few days ago. I’m new to Canon in general as I’m more used to Sony. I’ve gone through the menus and have not yet understood a way to keep the level on the screen while recording. 

I can see it fine until I press the record button and then most of the information on the screen disappears. 

I’m shooting in video manual. Any help here?

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

On my R5, the level indicator goes away in record mode and pressing INFO button does not bring it back.  I don't think that's an option.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

Thank you for checking! Hoping they’ll be able to add it some day!

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alindrum,

The electronic level, histogram, and grid lines cannot be displayed on the EOS R5 and EOS R6 while they are recording movies. Those indicates will only show in video mode when the camera is not actively recording a movie. There is not a setting to change that behavior.

We appreciate feedback on updates and changes customers would like us to make to our products. 

We have a team that documents and handles customer feedback. I have already alerted them to this email, but if you want to contact them directly in the future they can be reached by going to our website HERE and selecting Feedback in the top left corner of the site. We do take customer suggestions and feedback into consideration when we are updating our products and processes.

I really appreciate that! I currently shoot handheld without a fumble so it would be massively helpful.

I will send feed back as well. Thank you!

Announcements