cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Firmware 1.8.0 Causing Error 70

mushralph
Apprentice

Ok I recently update my R6 to version 1.8.0 firmware and I have noticed that when using the custom setting c1-3, there seems to be an error 70 generation. I have done a full settings wipe. Set up my settings from scratch. Then the problem resurfaces on while using the custom settings c1-3. Further deductions to the problem is this problem only arises on those settings on the dial and only after I attempt to take the shot. Furthermore I notice on my screen/view finder that with a 128gb sd card I go from approximately 4k raw files to roughly 450 files. I checked the file selection in main camera settings menu 1(camera icon). It only lets me select raw and can not change to any other settings for jpeg or craw. Once I move back to any other settings manual, FV, AV etc and turn the camera off and back on. The issue ceases. So I believe there is a bug in the firmware that's causing issues with the custom slots for the camera.

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Updated R6 Firmware v1.8.1 Released - Canon Community

Which addresses Err70 specifically.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements