cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 not saving settings.

Charles2017
Contributor

Hi guys,

I have set my R5 to shoot Raw & Jpg and in the yellow menu I have set it to record separate Raw to the CF Express card and Jpg to the SD card, I have saved this to C1. If I go back to P and change the settings when I go back to C1 the red menu (R&J) are saved but the yellow menu settings are not.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Charles

6 REPLIES 6

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Charles,

Thanks for checking in.

Does it make a difference if the camera is set to shoot photos, not videos? Are you able to save other settings in the yellow menu?

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Do you have "Automatic Update of Registered Settings" enabled? Though I would only expect that to update your custom settings if you're in that mode (and not if switching to some other mode and changing settings there).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Charles2017
Contributor

I've just checked a few things, reset the camera and the Custom settings. In the yellow menu I change the card recording from standard to "separate" and in the red menu changed the jpeg image quality to S then saved to C1. Reset camera, select C1 mode the red menu stays as S the yellow menu reverts back to "standard".

terencexlee
Apprentice

I have a similar problems.

i use the P mode to set up the C1 and everything seems working fine/normal till I use the other mode (P, or others like Av,…). The red-1 “image quality” and yellow-1 “record func+card/folder sel” settings were all reset to JPEG/Rec.separately, same as some other settings.
It’s even more time consuming to recheck every single function after used.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

I tested it several times, It doesn’t make any difference with “auto update” on or disable. 
it’s set to shoot photos (didn’t test the video yet).

@terencexlee wrote:

I have a similar problems.

i use the P mode to set up the C1 and everything seems working fine/normal till I use the other mode (P, or others like Av,…). The red-1 “image quality” and yellow-1 “record func+card/folder sel” settings were all reset to JPEG/Rec.separately, same as some other settings.
It’s even more time consuming to recheck every single function after used.

Thanks, any help is appreciated!

This thread is old.  Please start a new thread for your issue.  This will put your description of your issue at the top of the page where people can see it.  Thanks, ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements