cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R10 stuck in Servo AF

AMO1
Contributor

Today my R10 is behaving like it is in Servo AF mode even though it is set to one shot AF, This is a new problem that just started today. It happens no matter what lens I have attached. I have no RF lenses so always use the EF-R adapter.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AMO1
Contributor

Thank you Wadizzle for your reply. It turns out that the behavior was a result of cockpit error. It seems that I had accidentally turned on AF Preview so the camera was doing exactly what it was supposed to do.  I turned it off and now all is good. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What camera behavior leads you to believe the body is in Servo AF mode?

When you focus through the EVF, does the camera beep and flash the locked AF point?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

AMO1
Contributor

The camera focuses on whatever I point the camera at even if my finger is not on the shutter button. The camera does not beep or turn the the AF point green  If I defocus with the lens focus ring, it immediately refocuses. The behavior is the same whether using the viewfinder or screen. Maybe a better way to describe the problem is that the camera is constantly focusing on whatever is at the selected focus point. The camera is only 5 months old so it is under warranty, but I’m hoping there is something I can try before sending in to Canon. 

AMO1
Contributor

Thank you Wadizzle for your reply. It turns out that the behavior was a result of cockpit error. It seems that I had accidentally turned on AF Preview so the camera was doing exactly what it was supposed to do.  I turned it off and now all is good. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements