Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previewing images taken through the EOS R50 viewfinder

BuddynPups
Contributor

z.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't have this camera, but 3 of my R's have the feature that I am telling you about. Maybe someone with the R50 will confirm, but the R50 manual for this feature reads like mine so I have no reason to doubt that the manual is not accurate and this feature works.

The problem may be the resolution of the EVF of the R50. All of my R's have big EVF's. It might be in your best interest to get your hands on one at a camera shop, make the recommended settings, and see for yourself just how good it is for your eyesight.

Newton

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I don't have this camera, but 3 of my R's have the feature that I am telling you about. Maybe someone with the R50 will confirm, but the R50 manual for this feature reads like mine so I have no reason to doubt that the manual is not accurate and this feature works.

The problem may be the resolution of the EVF of the R50. All of my R's have big EVF's. It might be in your best interest to get your hands on one at a camera shop, make the recommended settings, and see for yourself just how good it is for your eyesight.

Newton

@BuddynPups wrote:

I can't see close up with out glasses
In bright light I can not see the lcd even with glasses.
Having this feature is what I needed to decide to buy the R50
This one 

All of the above, except I can't see up close WITH glasses, LOL! I shoot primarily without my glasses. I did adjust the diopter, so I can see fairly well through the EVF. I just trust the camera, and for the most part it's reliable. As mentioned, the EVF's on my cameras are big and make it much easier to see detail, but that is typical of Canons upper end full frame cameras.

Now that I know the exact reason for your query, it makes total sense. So, my only concern would be that the viewfinder screen size and refresh rate would be adequate. Hopefully you will have a return window or can gets your hands on one for a quick second. I wish you luck and hope it works out.

Cheers,

Newton

click here to view the gallery
Announcements