cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise

HugoSlavinski
Apprentice
Hi everyone, I just got the Canon RP and I love it. But I got a lot of noise even if I put low ISO... The RP should be useful in dark area but when I look at it on my MacBook Pro it’s very ugly...????

Thank you
19 REPLIES 19

Peter
Authority
Authority
Do you under expose?

HugoSlavinski
Apprentice
Not really...

Peter
Authority
Authority
Do you have a raw sample?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... I look at it on my MacBook Pro it’s very ugly...????"

What are you exact settings? Reset your camera...fully. Set it to P mode. Set ISO 200, auto WB. Go outside on a nice sunny day and take some random shots. Look at the photos. Are they OK or do they show noise? If they are OK there is nothing wrong with your camera. That means you either have difficult shooting conditions where you experience the noise or you set the camera incorrectly for the subject.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do as Ernie says.

"The RP should be useful in dark area but when I look at it on my MacBook Pro it’s very ugly...????"

Dark area is a subjective term. What are the shooting conditions? What is the ISO that the camera/or you have set.

The RP is not ISO invariant, so it is important to choose the approriate ISO for the shooting conditions. Better to choose ISO 6400, for example, then to select ISO 1600 and boost exposure in post by two stops.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 112031.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What you must understand is ISO in a digital camera is an electronic term and not a photography spec. OK, they use a similar measuring system so we can use it in photography but it actually is using more electricity, amplification, to do so. The base ISO of a sensor is its common state. When you want it to be more sensitive, a higher ISO if you will, you need to amplify the sensors output. This causes "noise". Its the very same thing you might notice in your stereo amplifier. As you turn up more and more volume you get some distortion in the sound.

The lowest ISO number may not be the cameras base ISO number. ISO 100 could be but some ISO 200 might be. Some tricks are done to "slow" the sensor sensitivity which may also introduce noise.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

HugoSlavinski
Apprentice
Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Thank you for your responses!

Well here’s the condition when I was shooting:

It was in a dark studio and when I put 105mm on my Zoom lens It cut 4 stops. So the minimum is F7.1

I had no choice to get higher ISO.

But the problem is maybe not the exposure, because when I look at it on my phone the pictures are very well… This might be a ‘’ unsqueze ‘’ problem when I look at it on MacBook or screen now it’s ugly…

I don’t you If you understand, I’m trying to explain the best I can. Thank a lot guys

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Can you upload the out of camera file to DropBox or One Drive so we could look at it?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shawnphoto
Enthusiast

LOWER YOUR SHUTTER SPEED

BIGELK.jpg

Announcements