cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS R5 Mark II disconnecting from Canon Camera Connect app

Ajlawn1
Apprentice

Picked up a new R5ii last week and leaving a 6ii.  I have not done much volume with it yet but having issues with it disconnecting from Camera Connect app. It will download 1 to maybe 13 photos in RAW and disconnect. I have to turn the camera off to even get my Samsung phone to reconnect to the camera. Once it disconnects it won't let me access the photos on the app. Never had an issue on the 6ii and had one shoot of about 1900 photos.

5 REPLIES 5

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ajlawn1,

I'm sorry to hear your phone and camera keep losing connection. When the connection drops do you see any error messages on the camera or the phone? And if you do see an error message what does it say word for word? 

Same issue as above with no error pop up.  I’m using a R5 mark ii and an iphone.    The camera and the iPhone software are up to date but the connect app keeps disconnecting after a few photo downloads.   

JMed22
Apprentice

Any chance you resolved the issue?   I’m having the same issue as with no error pop up.  I’m using a R5 mark ii and an iphone.    The camera and the iPhone software are up to date but the connect app keeps disconnecting after a few photo downloads.   

Nope, still does it. I can get it to work randomly.  Now I go through pics on the camera instead which stinks. I did by a card reader that helps now too. I thought I read the new camera firmware corrects it, but the US version isn't out yet...

I can’t upload RAW to my Mac either. Lol..   I kept thinking I was going crazy.     It’s incredible Apple and canon are out of step here.  There has to be a website or an app that can solve for this.    Maddening..  

Announcements