cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My current CF card is too slow

mangurian
Rising Star

My current CF card is too slow for my Canon EOS-7D to record 1080 videos. The buffer overflows in about 3 seconds. What speed do I need ? Any recommendations ?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

This person does nice speed comparisons with various cameras so it may help you choose a card:

https://alikgriffin.com/fastest-memory-card-for-the-canon-7d-ii/

Be VERY careful where you buy because memory cards are some of the most commonly counterfeited products on the planet.  When I was looking for Cfast cards for my 1DX II I found several people who had purchased what they thought were name brand cards that turned out to be counterfeit items using regular CF memory (relatively slow) for the fake Cfast card.

I would buy from BH or another known good camera supplier, BEWARE of well known big mass merchandise online retailers.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

This person does nice speed comparisons with various cameras so it may help you choose a card:

https://alikgriffin.com/fastest-memory-card-for-the-canon-7d-ii/

Be VERY careful where you buy because memory cards are some of the most commonly counterfeited products on the planet.  When I was looking for Cfast cards for my 1DX II I found several people who had purchased what they thought were name brand cards that turned out to be counterfeit items using regular CF memory (relatively slow) for the fake Cfast card.

I would buy from BH or another known good camera supplier, BEWARE of well known big mass merchandise online retailers.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I always buy memory cards from Adorama, B&H, they are authorized dealers.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

you need the CF card Canon recommends in your manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements