cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My canon eos 80 flash screw has rust and i need a replasement

needhelp1_80D
Contributor

I was taking photos on the beach when a big wave struck a rock and sal water soaked me and all my camera gear, luckily nothing got damaged, after I came home I cleaned my camera with alcohol, I didn't think water got into the flash, so I didn't clean on there, but it did and rusted one of the screws... i need a replacement screw, but can't find one anywhere.IMG_0095.jpgIMG_0096.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Recommendation to clean and paint is best. However, if you really want to get a Canon replacement screw you can go to uscamera.com and download a PDF of the parts manual. It will have the part number that you can then order from Canon.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Since the EOS 80D isn't weather sealed, there is risk that other elements of the camera have also become damaged; especially so with salt water.  I would recommend scheduling a service to have Canon give it a complete checkup.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

sry i can't afford it, and i check every thing and it works like new, only that one screw got rust

if only I could have the part number of that screw ill be happy

Recommendation to clean and paint is best. However, if you really want to get a Canon replacement screw you can go to uscamera.com and download a PDF of the parts manual. It will have the part number that you can then order from Canon.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thanks ill do that

normadel
Authority
Authority

Does the flash function? Does everything else about the camera work okay? If the screw appearance is your only problem, just clean it and be happy. 

yeah the flash works great, and I use an external flash so I'm not really going to use the internal flash that much, but still i with every thing on my camera to be perfect

You ruined your wish to be perfect when you let it get soaked in salt water.

Clean the screw and repaint it.

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

you can clean the screw soaking in coke for a few min and brushing with old toothbrush.  I clean bike parts that way that has rusted.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)
Announcements