cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FW For The R6 MKII Available - v1.1.1 (1-18-2023)

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

New FW v1.1.1 for the R6 MKII available.

Official Announcement

Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
1. Adds supports for the Speedlite EL-5.
2. Reduces start-up time when the camera’s Bluetooth setting is enabled.
3. Allows FTP/FTPS/SFTP transfers to be completed when using an IPv6 setting.
4. Fixes minor issues.

Canon Support for EOS R6 Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

2 REPLIES 2

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Thanks! I didn't think there would be one this soon.

So far, the R62 has been rock solid and a noticeable improvement over the R6. Several changes and additions that I did not expect, so there was a small learning curve from R6 to R62. Very nice camera and the modest 20 to 24mp bump helps more than you would think.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

JoeySnaps
Enthusiast

Just installed firmware 1.1.1 and yes it's a big improvement. I'd noticed that the camera was slow to start up, or to wake up when it had gone to sleep. Several seconds. Now it's almost instantaneous, a big improvement when stalking wildlife - bring the camera up to your eye, take up the first pressure on the shutter button and the camera is awake. Just like previous Canon cameras, but I'd noticed this didn't work on the mark II - I had to wait a couple of seconds before the camera woke up and the viewfinder came to life. A real problem, now resolved.

When my on-order EL-5 flash arrives, I'll be able to use that, too.

R6mkII, various lenses, speedlites. Also legacy Canons going back to T90 and even A1.
Announcements