cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 - please update firmware to include clean HDMI out while using autofocus

wsalopek
Contributor

This subject has been beaten to death I suppose, but it's also an infuriating subject that won't go away.

Anyway, I'd like to request that Canon release a firmware for the M50, Mark 1, that gets rid of the only item left on the screen via HDMI out, the focus box, so a person can record from their camera via HDMI, while also using autofocus.

Thanks...

20 REPLIES 20

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

On some cameras it goes away if you select manual focus.

Thanks - yes, that works on the M50 Mk 1 - but of course it would be great to be able to use autofocus.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Firmware updates cannot update your hardware.

Is your camera capable of remote shooting using the EOS Utility?  If so, then the EOS Webcam Utility may offer a clean video output, but at limited resolution and time duration.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Not asking for a hardware update (who would?).  But for a firmware/software update.

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings, wsalopek

The EOS M50 does not have the ability to provide a clean HDMI signal. You may click on the following link to view a list of cameras that do provide a clean HDMI signal and the list is at the very bottom of the web page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility

In the meantime, I've submitted your feedback to our engineers for consideration and may be incorporated in future updates. Please note that decisions to incorporate a particular camera design are made by our engineers and product designers in Japan, based on a number of factors. Consumer demand, technological limitations, and customer feedback are all taken into consideration.

An alternative option is to use our EOS Webcam Utility which does allow a clean video signal where the camera can be used as a webcam. Please note the resolution of the video will be lower than Full HD of 1080p and the connection method is with a USB cable instead of an HDMI cable. The link I've provided you above will provide you with information about the EOS Webcam Utility, where to download it, and support information.

Please let them know there's demand. It's really easy firmware update. This is purely software related and the fact that M50 mark ii has this feature only proves that they just need to copy and paste some code.

Can you ask them another time. Please

AvengerC
Contributor

Hi,

This is from Sri Lanka. Really love my M50. Since the M50 Mark II is the same thing a bit upgraded and has a clean HDMI - All we are asking for is an update to get clean HDMI output! Please let your engineers know! Thanks a ton!

@AvengerC wrote:

Hi,

This is from Sri Lanka. Really love my M50. Since the M50 Mark II is the same thing a bit upgraded and has a clean HDMI - All we are asking for is an update to get clean HDMI output! Please let your engineers know! Thanks a ton!

Do not make the same false assumption that all it would take is a firmware update.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements