cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines on my photos

cmunkres
Apprentice

I have an EOS 5D Mark III. This photo: 2.8  1/125s  ISO 200  70-200@73mm.

I'm having a problem with black lines appearing on my photos.  Its not a corrupted memory card because I've tried several and it happens on them all and you can see the lines in the view finder on the camera.  testfav1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@cmunkres wrote:

I have an EOS 5D Mark III. This photo: 2.8  1/125s  ISO 200  70-200@73mm.

I'm having a problem with black lines appearing on my photos.  Its not a corrupted memory card because I've tried several and it happens on them all and you can see the lines in the view finder on the camera.  testfav1.jpg

When you say viewfinder do you mean optical or Live View?

Do you have a filter on the lens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Peter
Authority
Authority

Every 8th pixel raw? 5D III has 8 column readout circuits that operate in parallel, so that pattern is going to repeat every 8 columns if it is 1 that has gone bad.

Thank you to much for responding!  I shoot in RAW but obviously converted this to jpeg on the post.  It looks the same whether RAW or jpeg.  A couple of more questions because I think you are right--its made the most sense of anyone I've talked to so far: 1) Is there a way to fix this in photoshop that you know of?  2) Should I try to get this fixed by Canon or just buy a new camera?

Peter
Authority
Authority
There is a way in Octave, if you have some pictures you really want to save. ilia3101 or a1ex at Magic Lantern forum could tell you more.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The 5D Mk III is still a fantastic camera. Send it to Canon for service. That is where it needs to be. You don't need and I strongly advise you to not use Magic Lantern firmware. On a failing camera messing with the FW is a bad idea. Messing with ML is a  bad idea anytime! IMHO, of course and Canon's by the way too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements