cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the hot shoe on the EOS Rebel SL3 standard size?

GregVT
Apprentice

I purchase a hot shoe adapter from Idea Engineering that's advertised to fit all camera hot shoes except for Sony A700.  However, it's doesn't fit.  I was wondering if, in addition to removing the pin from the hot shoe on the SL3, if the size was changed and is no longer standard.  I wouldn't think that's the case, but thought I'd ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

All Canon flashes fit the standard hot shoe size

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

All Canon flashes fit the standard hot shoe size

Thanks so much for the reply.  After speaking with someone from the company that makes the adapter, I was able to work the piece into the hot shoe, so yes it's a standard size.  

Thank you again!

Can you share What you did to fix this “no pin in Hot Shoe” on the EOS Rebel SL3?

I really do need to get this to work. I am hearing it’s possible, just don’t know how. Yet!!

Hi.  This wasn't an adapter to actually use the hot shoe (electronically).   All the adapter does is allow equipment that's designed to fit telescopes to be attached to the camera mechanically.  So, I just slid the adapter onto the hot shoe (forcefully) but, as I said, the adapter is not designed to replace the pin that Canon removed or anything like that. I hope I answered your question and clarified.

You need to buy a Canon flash.

Dreampatch
Apprentice

Thank you. 😁

Announcements