cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Sharpness Issue withCanon 5d Mark iv

KBoyerPhotos
Contributor

I have a 5d Mark iv and am having lots of trouble with sharpness consistency on every image.  I am shooting back to back images with exactly the same settings and some of them are tack sharp and others are totally blurry and I have not changed any settings.  Can someone please help.  I have tried everythiing to "fix" this and am out of ideas. I just want nearly ALL my images to be sharp!  Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 1.39.57 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 1.40.07 PM.jpg

33 REPLIES 33

alixmcintosh
Apprentice

hi, I am also having this problem. Its incredibly disappointing. Has anyone resolved this? I took it to be looked at an they said there was nothing wrong with it but there is. I don't trust my kit and thats a real problem

Are possibly using AI Servo AF?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

No, not on Al Servo. It's really unreliable. One shot in focus and then the next will be soft, driving me up the wall....

OK. So you get the green dot focus confirmation, take shot and it’s not in focus? What focus point mode? Can you post a camera file of a bad shot to Dropbox or similar so we can examine? Needs to be a file from camera so all the data is attached. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements