cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent two 5DMII camera bodies into the repair center in Irvine but they only sent me one back...

cameronbrown
Contributor

I sent two 5DMII camera bodies into the repair center in Irvine but they only sent me one back...

They say they don't have a record of recieving two bodies and there isn't anything they can do... it appears that Canon lost my camera and wont do anything about it.

It didn't turn on but I was working on fixing it

What can be done about this? I want my camera back

17 REPLIES 17

cale_kat
Mentor

Dude, you need your paper work. Email confirmations, etc. Pump up the info and reduce the outrage. You submitted two cameras so you should have the supporting documentation to show your order request, confirming service order number, etc. 

Is it all together or something else?

I sent two bodies in the same box under one work order

So you have confirmation from Canon that it was expecting 2 bodies in one box?

No they were expecting one but I sent two because I assumed it could be used as a donor body for parts... it's like they just tossed my other camera body or lost it

You tossed a body in and now are suprised that it might have been tossed out? Oh boy!

..Um yea I'm very suprised that they would have missplaced my property

@cameronbrown wrote:

I sent two bodies in the same box under one work order

And insured them, of course, as any sane person would do. So all you have to do is toddle down to your local UPS or Fedex outlet and file your claim. What's the big deal?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"And insured them, of course, as any sane person would do. So all you have to do is toddle down to your local UPS or Fedex outlet and file your claim. What's the big deal?

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA"

USPS didn't lose it, Canon did. That would be fruadulent

Is there any proof that you sent in 2 bodies instead of 1? You created a repair order for only 1 camera and Canon is only expecting one. So they sent you one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements