cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use my EOS M50 as a webcam on my mac

alex28m
Apprentice

When I connect my Canon to the Mac, EOS Webcam Utility always comes up with the red cross. But I can make Eos Utility Live stream. So there is an existing connection. I have now tried to uninstall EOS Utility because both don't work at the same time but it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that it didn't work at the beginning. Then it worked for a day. So I could use my camera as a webcam for a day but now it doesn't work again. EOS Webcam Utility is up to date. What else can I do?

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello alex28m,

Do you have a memory card in the camera? Please remove the card and try again. We would also recommend exiting and closing any applications that may be running on your computer, or in your task tray that may be connected to your camera or using the camera’s LiveView video signal. For example: Canon's EOS Utility or an application connected to the camera like another video conferencing app. When you connect the camera, there is an icon in the top right corner of your computer screen for EOS Utility. Make sure that you close that. It will keep the Webcam Utility from connecting to the camera. Please check and disable the camera's Wi-Fi function. If left enabled, even when not in use, it will disable the USB port of the camera.

Please test a different USB cable as well as testing a different USB port on the computer. If you are using a USB hub that allows multiple devices to connect to your computer, then either connect the camera's USB cable directly to the computer or disconnect all of the other devices from the USB hub.

Announcements