cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R100 won't communicate with computer for photo booth setup

fmoayed
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my R100 to the Windows laptop to use for the photo booth. I have attached the USB-C to the camera and the USB to the laptop. It is not communicating with the computer. Any help?

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome

To clarify - are you trying to use the camera to save files in real time to computer to have them processed for sale or something else?   Are these for still images or video?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I just want to connect the R100 to the photo booth software such as DSLR Remote pro.

fmoayed,

If you connect your camera to your PC, without running DSLR Remote or any other software, does your camera show up as a device in your Windows Explorer file system?

You want to make sure first that it's not a problem with your cables or the USB ports on either your PC or your camera.

Secondly, have you run the EOS UTILITY software first, to make sure the two deivices are communicating, as outlined in this Breezesys.com help page:

https://breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/help/index.html

Steve Thomas

Thank you. The back of the camera shows the icon that it is trying to connect but connection does not happen. I think the problem is the cable. I am using a USB cable. There is another HDMI connection on the camera, maybe I should use that one.

Announcements