cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not remove a Wrong CF Express card in my canon 5D Mark III...! need help !

matthieumif
Apprentice

Dear community,

I am writing you to ask for your kind help.

I  have Just bought a canon 5D mark 3.
And i wanted to use a Flash card.

Unfortunately, it looks like that i ordered a wrong one (a CF express Lexar Professional).

As i thought it was the good one, i tried to insert it on the camera... and now the card is blocked inside. (see picture below)

Can one of you please help me ? ...

I tried to remove it with a pair of tweezers but it did not work...

Did i need to open the camera? or can i do something else?...

Many many thanks ! .. really !

Matthieu

IMG_3647.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that you will need to use a better tool than tweezers to grip the card. A pair of hemostats or needle nose pliers would grip the card better. You might do damage to the card though. Hopefully the camera card slot is not damaged. If so, it will need be repaired professionally. Once the card is removed, check the bottom of the CF card slot in the camera for bent pins. If it is damaged, you could just use the SD card slot.

If you get it out, you will need to use a Compact Flash (CF) memory card.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that you will need to use a better tool than tweezers to grip the card. A pair of hemostats or needle nose pliers would grip the card better. You might do damage to the card though. Hopefully the camera card slot is not damaged. If so, it will need be repaired professionally. Once the card is removed, check the bottom of the CF card slot in the camera for bent pins. If it is damaged, you could just use the SD card slot.

If you get it out, you will need to use a Compact Flash (CF) memory card.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I would think you could get that out carefully and hopefully without damage to the card, slot or pins.  I don't know if I would try to use anything that grips.  Instead, I might try some automotive picks and be very, very gentle.  Don't use any part of the body or slot as a wedge.  It might be helpful to have someone hold or stabilize the body while you work on it,

Wishing you the best and luck with this one.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ferro
Contributor

Matthieu,

Sorry to see your problem you're having. You'll have to weigh possibly damaging the card or taking it to a camera shop to have them remove the stuck card. I too would use either a hemostat or small needle nosed pliers, of course with the lightest pressure. Cut a piece of cardboard or thick paper so you can fold it over the card and grab it in the center or towards the right side in your photo. I know that card was probably expensive, hopefully you can get it out without damage.

matthieumif
Apprentice

Oh many thanks that works well , i manage to remove the card very gently !

Many thanks to you all for your kind message ! Merci merci!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thats great news!  Happy that both are intact without damage.  👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements